Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Not again......

The Shot, The Drive, The Fumble, The curse of Rocky Colavito,and now.. The ELBOW!

In my lifetime, well, since I can recall certain events in Cleveland sports history, we have only had a few chances to get to the title game, or play in the championship game.

Since LeBron James entered the league 7 years ago, yes it's been 7 years, we all as Cavs fans believed the Cleveland curse was over. LBJ took us from worst to the NBA championship in 4 years. We have been hungry, very hungry for a championship. A title for Cleveland would do more than make the Cavs champions, it would lift the spirits of those who live in Northeast Ohio, and those who moved from the area as jobs left the area. I keep telling everyone that if the Cavs win the NBA title that Guinness needs to be in Cleveland the night of the victory, because it would set a record for "most men crying simultaneously"

I remember watching Mesa blow the save and thinking to myself, no big deal, we will be back soon.. Well I'm still waiting....The Tribe teased us in 07'.. and now it looks like they wont be relevant for many years to come. But I digress..

Last year, was our year.. so we thought. Fast forward to this season. The Cavs win 60 games and and beat the Celtics, Lakers, and Magic, and dominate the Western Conference all together. Things are looking great........

Then boom! Elbow-Gate. Time will tell if this really is a curse. After game two's blowout especial "(El Cinco De Mayo flavor) the vibe has really changed. People were all gung-ho about the Cav's, now I am hearing that the Cavs are going to be lucky to win another game. Let me be real frank. If LeBron is hurt and the Cavs lose, I, along with Cavs fans worldwide will say one thing. "NOT AGAIN"

Let's Go Cavs, Let's Go Cavs!!

2 comments:

  1. Some people say that the night before the game when he won MVP they all went out drinking and partied too hard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had that actually confirmed by a few sources.

    ReplyDelete