Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Bring out the brooms

The Tribe lost the series to the Blue Jays 3-0, and in the process lost some fans. I know I am nobody, and wouldn't tell anyone how to manage a T-Ball team. But I know a few things about very few things. I know that if you want to have a successful business, be it food, cloths, basketball, football, baseball business, you need to put a quality product out for the masses.

The Indians are really not doing that. I go to 10-15 games a year and watch, listen or follow on game-tracker every game. It seems like a decade or so ago that the Indians were a relevant team, but it was only 3 years ago. Those 3 years have been the hardest 3 years of my life as an Indians fan.

A few signings that have completly boggled my mind.

Carl Pavano 1yr/1.5Mil
Kerry Wood 2year/20.5 Mil
Jason Michaels 3yr/6Mil
David Dellucci 3yr/10mil

37 Million.. yes 37 MILLION on those 4 guys. Are you KIDDING ME?

Now I am not saying these signings are a reason why we have been so bad since 07'. Bt lets be real. Couldnt we have used 20million of that to get a better play instead of trying to find 'GOLD' every season with some pitcher who just came off of Tommy John surgery, or a outfielder who hasnt produced in years. let's take a 20 Million dollar chance on this guy and hope it pans out. I a so damn tired of taking a chance and I am tired of these 1 year contracts to bums. I am so pissed right now I cant finish this thought.

You wonder why we have been in last place .


The Indians have an off day tomorrow, then have a 3 game set vs the Tigers. Who are playing very good ball right now.

Indians will go 1-2 in the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment