Friday, April 23, 2010

Indians review and preview

I almost nailed my last prediction on the nose. The Indians did not look good in their series against the Twins in their new home. Like I said in the preview of this series the Tribe were definitly out in this series, but we did have one bright spot. Mitch Talbot went 6 innings, gave up only 1 run on 2 hits. He also struckout 3 and walked 3. The 1 run was unearned. Talbot improved to 2-1 in the young season.

The series also saw the activation Russell Branyan, who went 2-7 in the series with 2 rbi's and a run scored. Definitly glad to see him back in the bigs. Hopefully we get the same player from last year who hit 31 Home runs in only 116 games with the Mariners. I just hope he can cut back on the K's.

So just to let everyone know I was right in my prediction of 1-2, just flip flop a game..

Luckly I start my vacation this weekend, because the Tribe (7-8) pack up their Teepes and head to the Bay Area, to take on the Oakland Athletics (10-7). First pitch to open the series is 10:05pm Game one has Jake Westbrook (0-1 5.40 era) (CLE) vs Justin Duchscherer (1-0, 2.41 era), (both Westbrook and Duchscherer both did not play in 2009 due to injuries) (OAK) Game two features Fausto Carmona (2-0 3.60 era) (CLE) vs Brett Anderson (1-1, 2.65 era)(Oak) Game 3 has Justin Masterson (0-2 3.00 era) (CLE) vs Gio Gonzalez (1-1, 5.40 era) (OAK).

I do really like the Indians match-ups in this series. Wesbrook has really had his groundball outs going well after his first start. same thing with Carmona actually. Good signs for the Indians this season. The big question in this series is going to be Justin Masterson. Can you get the Indians a quality start, or will we need to get to the pen early? I think Cleveland has a very good chance to take this series 2-1. If Masterson can have a solid outting I believe we can get the sweep and keep the pressure on the Central leading Twins.

My fearless predictions 2-1 (if Masterson is off) 3-0 if Masterson is on his game.

No comments:

Post a Comment